Arboricultural Surveyor Vacancy
About the Role
Bawden Tree Care is looking for an experienced Arboricultural Surveyor to join our growing tree team. We are a friendly, family-run organisation looking to take on individuals who have experience in the industry already, and are eager to further develop their skills in arboricultural surveying and tree inspection.
Candidates should be enthusiastic, professional, well organised and feel comfortable working in all weather conditions – even if it is a bit chilly!
The role will involve recording the condition and location of trees and undertaking BS5837 reports for planned buildings. The formulation of reports will also form part of the role, with the Surveyor being expected to identify issues and recommend next steps, presenting this clearly and professionally. IT skills are vital to this element of the role.
The position is based at our Amesbury office in South Wiltshire. The job will involve regularly travelling to different sites. Salary can vary from £28-£32k, depending on experience.
- Working towards or qualified to Level 4 in Arboriculture.
- Completed Professional Tree Inspector (PTI) course.
- Willingness to undertake other duties within the trade, such as aiding the Tree Care Manager with pre-works site inspections and offering expertise when requested from either the Tree Care Manager or customers.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- A focus on safe working practice.
- A passion for trees and arboriculture.
- The ability to be resourceful.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own workload.
- 3 years of industry experience.
- Willing to use Pear Technology to complete surveys – experience of this technology is not required, just your willingness to embrace it!
- We offer a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- 28 days paid holiday, including public holidays.
- Full personal protective equipment is provided.
- The right candidate will be eligible for career development opportunities.
- Regular employee reviews.
- Annual training plans.
- Full training is provided, along with support to help the candidate gain experience.
Bawden Tree Care is part of privately-owned Bawden Contracting Services Ltd. We deliver tree care and arboricultural services to a wide range of customers, typically including private domestic clients, the Ministry of Defence, parishes, town and borough councils, country estates and commercial business parks.
Our customers provide a varied source of interesting and exciting tree work on regular basis. As well as providing traditional tree surgery, the business is also focused on delivering related environmental and ecological services to customers, so any interest or experience in this sphere of the industry would be a distinct advantage.
We maintain Arboricultural Association 'Approved Contractor' accreditation, and we are OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001 accredited.
So, Fancy It?
Candidates can apply directly to us by downloading an application form and e-mailing it to email@example.com along with your CV, or sending it to our head office at Unit 2 Mills Way Centre, Mills Way, Amesbury, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7AU. If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding the position, don't hesitate to contact our Tree Care Manager, Adam Doel on 01980 623015.