Tree Climber Arborist Vacancy,
Bawden Tree Care is on the hunt for an experienced and qualified tree climber to join the team. Weâ€™d love to meet those capable of utilising a variety of aerial lift equipment and guiding a team to perform tree pruning, dead wooding, cable-bracing, and tree removal.
Candidates looking for a tree climber job should be enthusiastic, highly motivated, passionate and feel comfortable working in adverse weather conditions.
This position is based at our Amesbury office in South Wiltshire. The job will require working within a 2-or-3-man team on projects that vary in both size, nature and location. This role will involve travelling and, very occasionally, staying away for short periods.
Salary can vary from Â£28-Â£30k, depending on experience.
This role will involve:
- Ensuring that specifications are properly translated into completed physical work.
- Supporting the supervisor and wider management team.
- Organising, overseeing and implementing new planned and reactive remedial works, including tree planting.
- Promoting and participating in our Health and Safety Procedures.
- Promoting and participating in our Quality Assurance System.
- Providing advice and guidance of an arboricultural nature to clients.
- Undertaking other duties as necessary to supplement or balance the services provided.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new clients, and suppliers.
- 1-3 years minimum climbing experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of success in a similar role.
- NPTC Units: CS 30, 31, 38, 39 & 41.
- Full driving licence.
- Fit and healthy.
- A focus on safe working practice.
- A keen interest in tree surgery and arboriculture.
- Demonstration of knowledge in the industry.
- Comfortable working in adverse weather conditions.
- A professional attitude.
- The ability to be resourceful.
- First aid at work.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications & Qualities
- NPTC Units: CS 32, 37, 40, 41 & 50.
- Pre-1997 licence or trailer licence - B+E.
- MEWP competency (IPAF).
- Plant and machinery certificates; for example, wood-chipper and stump-grinder.
- Mobile elevating work platforms training.
- Chapter 8 - New Roads & Street Works Act Certificate.
- PTI (Professional Tree Inspection) course qualification.
- The right candidate will be eligible for career development opportunities.
- 28 daysâ€™ paid holiday, including public holidays.
- Regular employee reviews.
- Annual training plans.
- Full personal protective equipment and climbing equipment is provided.
- Full training provided.
Bawden Tree Care is part of privately-owned Bawden Contracting Services Ltd. We deliver tree care and arboricultural services to a wide range of customers, typically including private domestic clients, the Ministry of Defence, parishes, town and borough councils, country estates and commercial business parks.
Our customers provide a varied source of interesting and exciting tree work on a regular basis. As well as providing traditional tree surgery, the business is also focused on delivering related environmental and ecological services to customers, so any interest or experience in this sphere of the industry would be a distinct advantage.
We maintain Arboricultural Association 'Approved Contractor' accreditation, and we are ISO 45001, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001 accredited.
So, Fancy It?
Candidates can apply directly to us by downloading an application form and e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV, or sending it to our head office at Unit 2 Mills Way Centre, Mills Way, Amesbury, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7AU. If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding the position, don't hesitate to contact our Tree Care Manager, Adam Doel on 01980 669911.