Business Administrator Job Vacancy
Job Title: Business Administrator
Salary Scale: £21,000 per annum, pro rata
Hours of Work: Part Time Permanent Position - 20 hours per week
Location: Amesbury Office - SP4 7AU.
Bawden Contracting Services Ltd is a family-run business made up of divisions Bawden Tree Care, Bawden Managed Landscapes and Fencing Essentials. The company has provided an array of services, falling into these divisions, for over 30 years. Working with both domestic and commercial clients on a day-to-day basis and in a variety of contexts, the BCS team partake in a variety of tasks.
The Business Administrator will provide high-quality administrative support to the Directors efficiently and professionally, working across all three divisions - Bawden Tree Care, Bawden Managed Landscapes and Fencing Essentials - as required. As the business move towards paperless environment, a thorough understanding of the relevant Microsoft technologies is essential. The main Business Administrator duties are:
- Provide full business administrative support to the Directors.
- Manage and co-ordinate workflow across all departments.
- Manage electronic filing systems and databases.
- Assist with the implementation of new processes and procedures to ensure further efficiencies within the business.
- Sales invoicing, receipts and monitoring payments.
- Co-ordinate processes and procedures across field management software and the CRM (customer relationship management) system.
- Create regular reports and up-to-date internal databases.
- Communicating and liaising with IT support.
- Respond promptly to any queries from customers or the Directors via telephone, email and Microsoft Teams.
- Facilitate internal communications.
- Maintain electronic filing systems.
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Engage and be proactive in recommending changes to administer policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the strictest confidentiality and security of information at all times.
- Support and train new team members.
- Sharing information and knowledge with other team members across the organisation.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be delegated to the post-holder from time-to-time.
This is not an exhaustive list; from time-to-time, job descriptions may be examined and updated when required. Changes will always be conducted in consultation with the relevant member of staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative support role in a highly digitised environment.
- Sound knowledge of office procedures and relevant technologies to further digitise the processes and procedures.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications, including SharePoint.
- Understand and have due regards for data quality.
- Good experience with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company and customer information.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent business administration and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines.
- Think proactively and prioritise workload.
- Organise and maintain electronic filing systems
- Work individually or as part of a team.
- Use own initiative.
- Support and train new team members in the administration procedures in the office.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Highly efficient.
- Flexible attitude.
- Can-do attitude.
- Committed to equal opportunities.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for staff, and to encourage diversity in the workplace. We expect staff to uphold these key principles at all times.
So, Fancy It?
Candidates can apply directly to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, or sending it to our head office at Unit 2 Mills Way Centre, Mills Way, Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7AU. If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding the position, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 01980 622185. Or why not fill in the enquiry form below?
We look forward to hearing from you!